As a result of rapid growth, we need a Copywriter to primarily support our Creative Team, but also assist the business.
You will be part of a friendly and supportive team and will have the opportunity to work with some fantastic and well-established clients and brands. You will also receive access to the Amazon learning console to conduct the relevant training and receive support and training internally. As a young growing company, there is also room to grow as we grow.
Optimizon is a young, fast-growing, and friendly E-Commerce digital agency based in Swindon. Our clients are retail brands who sell on eBay & Amazon. We create storefronts and write the copy to describe the products as well as handling a host of back-office functions to boost our client’s sales on these marketplaces.
Reporting to: Head of Creative & Head of Operations
(Your workload will be managed by Head of Operations, but your training, direction and quality of work will be the responsibility of the Head of Creative)
- Writing Amazon copy for a variety of products, from coats and jackets to vitamins for pets, toasters, kettles or Winnie the Pooh mugs. Typically, this will be Title, 5 bullet point, photo captions and product descriptions in the A+
- Normally you will have example copy to follow the framework. Over time, with on-the-job and external training (online or in person) we would hope you would progress to being able to write original copy for others to follow. This would involve developing a framework, positioning, tone of voice and use of keywords, specific to the needs of the product and brand.
- Amending copy to incorporate client feedback and amends
- Adapting and editing copy for other marketplaces such as Wayfair, eBay, OnBuy and Alibaba
- Revising existing copy to incorporate new keywords or experiment with other phrases for continual optimisation and split testing
- Conducting keyword research (training will be given)
- Liaising with Optimizon analysts regarding copy effectiveness/ split tests
- Presenting creative work to clients at copy development meetings and quarterly review meetings
- From time to time, you may need to brief external writers and approve their work.
- From time to time, you may need to assist or give holiday cover to the Creative Manager (i.e.: overseeing and tracking which projects are at which stage).
- Writing articles about Optimizon/ Amazon for company blogs, website, thought leadership articles etc .
Qualities & Qualifications
- Excellent written English, including impeccable spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- High standards
- At least 6 months experience of copywriting, ideally including some experience of writing for Amazon or experience in a sales or customer service environment
- Desire to continuously learn, strive for excellence and constantly improve your skillset
- Ability to research and quickly learn about a variety of products
- Flexibility – you will be part of a team which includes visualisers, designers, producing a coherent customer experience in which words and pictures work together increase conversion
- Enthusiasm and a can-do attitude – the pace of change mean that it is impossible to know what projects you might be asked to work on
- Ability to write at speed, without loss of quality, and thrive in the fast paced, constantly changing world of Amazon, Wayfair, eBay, and other marketplaces
- Excellent attention to detail, especially when writing about very similar products with very small, yet important differences
- Process driven with good time management
- Able to work on many copy writing projects at the same time
- Works well under pressure and can meet copy deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Highly organised and able to multitask without any loss of output or focus
- Eager and able to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Ability to prioritise tasks and workload effectively.
What you will get in return
There is a competitive salary on offer of £20-23k per annum, with benefits including social events, generous 33 days holiday including bank holiday, fun working environment (either remote or at our Swindon office or combination). great teammates, a culture of ‘no clipped wings; and free Amazon Prime after passing your probationary period.
This role is 37.5 hours per week – flextime, with some scope to choose your own hours.
Does this job sound like the perfect fit?
If you think you have the perfect experience for this job, please send a cover letter with 100 words about why you’re interested in the role and examples of any of your previous written work along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – remember to quote the job title ‘Copywriter’.