Due to our exceptionally fast growth, an opportunity has arisen to join the Business Development Team as Business Development Manager.
Working alongside and reporting to Senior Business Development Manager, you’ll be responsible for bringing in new clients into the business and selling prospects a solution of growing their businesses through online marketplaces such as Amazon, eBay, Wayfair & Onbuy.
Optimizon is one of the UK’s most exciting and fast-growing agencies, dedicated to building and protecting brands on marketplaces all over the world. Founded in 2016 as an Amazon agency, we now have clients on eBay, Wayfair, Onbuy, Mano Mano, DIY.com and many more.
Based in London, Swindon, and Seattle, with a hybrid office/WFH policy, we are a full service multi-team agency, led by our Account Managers, supported by our Creative, Advertising, Data Analysis and Technical teams.
You will be part of a friendly and supportive team and have the opportunity to work with some fantastic and well-established clients and brands. You will also receive access to the Amazon learning console to conduct the relevant training and receive support and training both on-the-job and externally. If this role sounds of interest, then we would love to hear from you!
Lead Qualification: We receive multiple inbound leads to our website, and you will efficiently help the team qualify these leads, identifying the key prospects we would like to work with via email or on the phone. Our ideal client has a £20m+ turnover and owns their own brands with multiple product ranges and is happy to spend at least £2k per month.
Outbound leads: You will need to cold call your own prospects identified through Linked-In and other sources.
Lead Management: You will then manage your own portfolio of prospects to close and will be responsible for keeping our sales systems updated with the progress of these leads, including sending out proposals and contracts.
Database Management: We use a CRM system called Pipedrive and you will be responsible for making sure that you keep your leads up to date to make sure that we are getting most out of the system and using all its functionality.
Reporting: We report to the Board on a monthly basis on the number of ‘good’ leads received and the values of each lead. Your role will be to ensure that reporting is kept up to date.
Partner Program: We will be extending our influence with our Partner agencies to gain referrals. This is an important relationship management piece and you will develop your own Partner group from scratch, building connections and creating a specific program that drives referrals for both parties. This could involve organising webinars, podcasts, visibility on client newsletters or any other initiative you decide will work.
You will manage any subsequent leads that come through as referrals from these partners. You will be a key part of revenue generation for the business.
Administration: There will be various administrative tasks and these could include:
- Reviewing proposals prior to sending to prospects
- Creating and checking contracts
- Creating and checking partner agency agreements
- Note-taking for internal and prospect meetings
- Arranging Client Feedback calls for current clients
How we will support you
You will be supported to ensure you become familiar with the tools needed to succeed at the job very quickly. We are developing a content library so you can pick which thought-leadership piece will help you connect with a prospect. Their role will be to ensure you are coached and supported throughout your probationary period and put in the best possible position to succeed and meet or exceed your own sales targets.
- 1-2 Years’ experience in selling marketplaces services such as Amazon, eBay & Wayfair
- You are experienced in selling a technical service such as SAAS or PPC
- You want to work in a small, fast-growing team not a big corporate
- You understand that the most successful salespeople work on their listening, questioning and customer-service skills.
- You are competitive and like setting yourself targets to aim for. You are willing to work continuously on your communication skills (everyone is always learning!) and receive constructive feedback in order to make a success of the role.
- Bigger picture vision
- You will enjoy continuous professional development and always want to improve your sales skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication with good attention to detail
- You are very organised and self-motivated with the ability to shift between different pieces of work all with different urgency and priorities
- Comfortable working in the ambiguous business environment that comes with being a small and fast-growing team.
- Eager and able to learn new systems and processes quickly.
- Great knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- A genuine interest in Amazon and eBay or eCommerce selling
What you’ll get in return
There is a competitive salary on offer with uncapped commission and benefits including social events, generous holidays, a fun working environment in a friendly, fast-paced team and free Amazon Prime after passing your probationary period.
- 35 Days Paid Holiday leave
- Paid sick leave
- EMI scheme, a % share in the business growth (after 6 months)
- Amazon Prime
- Birthday off on the weekday
- Enhanced Maternity/ Paternity leave
- Flexible working (Fully Office-based, or Hybrid Office/Home-based)
- Company conferences and social events
- Free eye tests and frame discounts
Does this job sound like the perfect fit?