Due to our exceptionally fast growth, an opportunity has arisen to join the Account Management Team as an Account Manager.
Working alongside and reporting to Head of Account Management, you’ll be responsible for planning and executing the Amazon, eBay, and other marketplaces business strategies for Clients. This involves establishing strong links, being aware of each client’s business goals, planning advertising and promotions, and working closely with orchestrating the departments within the agency to achieve them.
Optimizon is one of the UK’s most exciting and fast-growing agencies, dedicated to building and protecting brands on marketplaces all over the world. Founded in 2016 as an Amazon agency, we now have clients on eBay, Wayfair, Onbuy, Mano Mano, DIY.com and many more.
Based in London, Swindon, and Seattle, with a hybrid office/WFH policy, we have a multi-team approach led by our account managers, supported by our Creative, Advertising, Data Analysis and Technical teams.
You will be part of a friendly and supportive team and will have the opportunity to work with some fantastic and well-established clients and brands. You will also receive access to the Amazon learning console to conduct the relevant training and receive support and training internally too. If this role sounds of interest, then we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing
You will report directly to the Head of Account Management. You will be supported by the internal teams including.
- Creative & Brand
- Paid Ads
- Business Data managers
- Amazon Team
- eBay Team
- Business Analyst
We are responsible for creating integrated promotional and advertising strategies across numerous marketplaces, in multiple territories across the globe.
You will work with our clients to set their quarterly goals, manage them directly, and help the accounts grow to achieve or beat their targets.
If you have previous account management experience, with a proven track record of client retention and increased revenue, then this job is perfect for you.
Key role responsibilities:
- Creating monthly, quarterly, and yearly plans
- Agreeing targets with clients and creating the strategies to achieve them.
- Managing the annual promotional budget for clients, creating seasonal strategies (Mother Day, Xmas, Prime Day, Black Friday etc) with budget for tactical opportunities
- Forecasting client revenue and providing reports for board meetings
- Planning and running the meetings – orchestrating the internal teams on their roles and ensuring a seamless presentation to the client
- Managing Service Level Agreements with clients, and ensuring they are met.
- Responding and adapting to clients’ needs as their business changes.
- Weekly catch-up calls with clients
- Working closely with Operations Manager and Business Analyst on weekly and monthly reporting, and managing the workflow internally
- Developing strong relationships with the client teams
- Taking a constant interest in the clients’ overall business and identifying opportunities to offer additional services where these will be helpful for their business.
- Liaising with the Business Development manager about opportunities for new services
- Where the client has a need for a service that is not currently offered via our in-house talent or our network or partnerships, seeking new partnerships/resources to provide it.
- Occasional travel to meet clients
What we are looking for:
- Strong personality, able to take the initiative.
- Personable and able to get on well with clients as well as get buy in from the internal teams.
- Agency experience of managing multiple client accounts.
- Working with online market places an advantage.
- Sales and or Retail experience including buying (in any field) an advantage
- Bigger picture vision and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Process driven.
- Analytical and excel-literate.
- Hard working
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Team player
- Comfortable working in the ambiguous business environment that comes with being a small and fast-growing team, especially in times of COVID-19.
- Highly organised and able to multitask without any loss of output or focus.
- Eager and able to learn new systems and processes quickly.
- Knowledge of Amazon Seller Central advantageous, but not essential
- Willing to travel and meet clients so a car (when safe to do so) and full UK driving licence is required.
What you’ll get in return
There is a competitive salary on offer of up to £30 000 – £35 000 per annum, with benefits including social events, generous holidays, a fun working environment in a friendly, fast-paced team and free Amazon Prime after passing your probationary period.
• Paid sick leave
• EMI scheme (after 6 months)
• Amazon Prime
• Birthday off on the weekday
• Enhanced Maternity/ Paternity leave
• Flexible working (Fully Office-based, or Hybrid Office/Home-based)
• Company conferences and social events
• Free eye tests and frame discounts
Does this job sound like the perfect fit?