Due to our exceptionally fast growth, an opportunity has arisen to join the Business Development Team as a Sales Administrator.
Working alongside and reporting to the Senior Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for lead allocation, keeping tools and systems updated, reviewing contracts, NDA’s and supporting the BD team with various administration and research tasks. Part of your role will also be providing support to our Head of Operations
Optimizon is one of the UK’s most exciting and fast-growing agencies, dedicated to building and protecting brands on marketplaces all over the world. Founded in 2016 as an Amazon agency, we now have clients on eBay, Wayfair, Onbuy, Mano Mano, DIY.com and many more.
Based in London, Swindon, and Seattle, with a hybrid office/WFH policy, we have a multi-team approach led by our account managers, supported by our Creative, Advertising, Data Analysis and Technical teams. You will be part of a friendly and supportive team and will have the opportunity to work with some fantastic and well-established clients and brands. You will also receive access to the Amazon learning console to conduct the relevant training and receive support and training internally too. If this role sounds of interest, then we would love to hear from you!
Lead Qualification: We receive multiple inbound leads to our website, and you will help the BD Manager and Director qualify these leads, identifying the key prospects we would like to work with via email or on the phone.
- Check hourly for new leads and follow a process of managing new leads
- Keep on top of leads coming in from all sales channels
- Move all new leads into Pipedrive. Create new lead and do qualification checks
- If not target client – disqualify by tagging up as disqualify and sending template email
- If could be target client – send questionnaire
- Ensure lead is tagged correctly in Pipedrive
- Highlight leads to qualify further to BD Manager
Database Management: We use a system called Pipedrive and you will be responsible for making sure that we are getting the most out of the systems using all its functionality.
- Ensuring that Pipedrive is updated
- Email Campaign Management- working with the team to keep our email nurturing database updated
Reporting: We report to the Board monthly on the number of ‘good’ leads received and the values of each lead. Your role will be to ensure that reporting is kept up to date.
Administration & Diary Management: There will be various administrative tasks as needed to support the Business Development team and these could include:
- Reviewing proposals prior to sending to prospects
- Creating checking and sending out contracts
- Creating, checking, and sending out partner agency agreements
- Note-taking for internal and prospect meetings
- Diary management for the Senior Business Development Manager
- Arranging Client Feedback calls for current clients
- Support with admin and working with data team on data requests on proposals
- Working with Amazon contacts to understand prospect advertising benchmarks to input into proposals
- Research – who is attending which tradeshow/event and sending details to BD team so they can target specifically
- Research – competitor research – compile FBI files on competitor’s
- Spot checks on sales materials for spellings and sense-check
- Pipedrive and Prospects folder up-to-date and current
- Data Requests – fill out data or creative team information requests using our workflow management system ASANA
- Maintain the Sales Library and keep up to date with correct naming convention. Look to add to Sales Library with relevant Amazon information
- Work with Manager to organise regular BD training sessions with other teams to facilitate learning and knowledge sharing
- Follow lead allocation process and be responsible for fair and consistent lead allocation between the BD team
Partner Program: You will be working with the BD Manager to ensure we work effectively with our Partner agencies to get the most referrals possible. This will involve ensuring the website Partner page is up to date, working on email marketing to the Partner agency group and ensuring we have the latest information on Partners to pass on to our clients.
Operations support: You will be working with our Head of Operations to provide support on office administrative duties, which include but not limited to internal new hire setup, event planning and organisation, setting new clients up onto our systems and support in managing office stationery materials and postings materials out to the team members. This role will also include liaising with other teams to ensure tasks are carried out.
- You are able to travel to our Swindon office occasionally for when admin tasks need to be done from the office
- You can work in a small and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Eager and able to learn new systems and processes quickly.
- You will have an interest in developing your sales skills
- You are willing to work continuously on your communication skills (everyone is always learning!) and receive constructive feedback to make a success of the role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with good attention to details
- You will be very organised and self-motivated with the ability to shift between different pieces of work all with different urgency and priorities
- Great knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- A genuine interest in Amazon and eBay or ecommerce selling
What you will get in return
There is a competitive salary on offer with benefits including social events, generous holidays, a fun working environment in a friendly, fast-paced team and free Amazon Prime after passing your probationary period.
• Paid sick leave
• EMI scheme (after 6 months)
• Amazon Prime
• Birthday off on the weekday
• Enhanced Maternity/ Paternity leave
• Flexible working (Fully Office-based, or Hybrid Office/Home-based)
• Company conferences and social events
• Free eye tests and frame discounts
Does this job sound like the perfect fit?