Optimizon is a fast-growing, and friendly Amazon digital agency based in London and Swindon. Our clients are retail brands that sell on Amazon, eBay, and other marketplaces.
We create Amazon and marketplaces strategies to increase sales in line with the client’s business goals forecasts. This can involve the design and upload of Amazon storefronts and writing copy to describe the products as well as handling a host of back-office functions.
Promotions and Paid Advertising (through Amazon, eBay, Google etc) is a key part of our offering.
We are expanding the Business Development (BD) team due to the significant growth we’ve seen over 2021 and the ambitious growth plans we have for 2022 and beyond.
There are some key areas the new Sales Executive will be responsible for as they join in with our plans to grow our team globally.
This role is based at our Swindon office.
Lead Qualification: We receive multiple inbound leads to our website and you will efficiently help the BD Manager and Director qualify these leads, identifying the key prospects we would like to work with via email or on the phone. Our ideal client has a £20m+ turnover and owns their own brands with multiple product ranges, and is happy to spend at least £2k per month.
Outbound leads: You will need to cold call your own prospects identified through Linked-In and other sources.
Lead Management: You will then manage your own portfolio of prospects to close and will be responsible for keeping our sales systems updated with the progress of these leads, including sending out proposals and contracts.
Database Management: We use a CRM system called Pipedrive and you will be responsible for making sure that we are getting the most out of the systems using all its functionality.
Reporting: We report to the Board on a monthly basis on the number of ‘good’ leads received and the values of each lead. Your role will be to ensure that reporting is kept up to date.
Partner Program: We will be extending our influence with our Partner agencies to gain referrals. This is an important relationship management piece and you will develop your own Partner group from scratch, building connections and creating a specific program that drives referrals for both parties. This could involve organising webinars, podcasts, visibility on client newsletters or any other initiative you decide will work.
You will manage any subsequent leads that come through as referrals from these partners. You will be a key part of revenue generation for the business.
Administration: There will be various administrative tasks as needed to support the Business Development team and these could include:
- Reviewing proposals prior to sending to prospects
- Creating and checking contracts
- Creating and checking partner agency agreements
- Note-taking for internal and prospect meetings
- Arranging Client Feedback calls for current clients
Partner Program: You will be working with the BD Manager to ensure we work effectively with our partner agencies to get the most referrals possible. This may involve ensuring the website Partner page is up-to-date, working on email marketing to the Partner agency group and ensuring we have the latest information on Partners to pass on to our clients.
How we will support you You will be supported by the BD Manager and Director to ensure you become familiar with the tools needed to succeed at the job very quickly. We are developing a content library so you can pick which thought-leadership piece will help you connect with a prospect or Partner You will report to the Founder and CEO or the head of Business Development. Their role will be to ensure you are coached and supported throughout your probationary period and put in the best possible position to succeed and meet or exceed your own sales targets.
As part of a friendly and fun team that is dedicated to making an impact, you will connect with colleagues regularly.
The Optimizon business is going through rapid growth. The team grew from 4 employees in November 2019 to 27 in December 2021. This should give you an idea of the exciting times and opportunities ahead. So, some days are full of ‘back-to-back meetings’ and you need to be able to take that in your stride and strive to be a time-management ninja.
- 1-2 Years experience
- You want to work in a small team not a big corporate
- Previous experience in digital marketing, SAAS, PPC
- You understand that the most successful salespeople work on their listening, questioning and customer-service skills.
- You are competitive and like setting yourself targets to aim for. You are willing to work continuously on your communication skills (everyone is always learning!) and receive constructive feedback in order to make a success of the role.
- Bigger picture vision
- You will have an interest in developing your sales skills
- You are willing to work continuously on your communication skills (everyone is always learning!) and receive constructive feedback in order to make a success of the role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with good attention to details
- You will be very organised and self-motivated with the ability to shift between different pieces of work all with different urgency and priorities
- Comfortable working in the ambiguous business environment that comes with being a small and fast-growing team, especially in times of COVID-19.
- Eager and able to learn new systems and processes quickly.
- Great knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- A genuine interest in Amazon and eBay or eCommerce selling
What you’ll get in return
- Salary on offer of £25 000 per annum with OTE up to £45k with commission in the first year
- Autonomy and uncapped career progression, with the option to shape and mould your own career path
- Social events
- Generous 33 days holiday including bank holiday
- Fun working environment
- Culture of ‘no clipped wings’
- Free Amazon Prime after passing your probationary period
If this job role sounds perfect for you, please send our team your CV along with your cover letter to email@example.com – we look forward to hearing from you!