Optimizon is a fast-growing, and friendly E-Commerce digital agency based in Swindon and London. Our clients are retail brands who sell on marketplaces like Amazon and eBay.
We offer a full service, including Advertising, Account Management, Analysis, Technical and Creative. One of the ways we differentiate ourselves is by the quality of our creative work.
We are seeking a highly motivated and organized Part-Time IT Administrator to provide technical support and assist in managing the IT infrastructure of our organization. The Part-Time IT Administrator will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting hardware and software systems, providing technical assistance to employees, and ensuring the efficient operation of our IT resources. This position requires a strong understanding of IT systems and excellent problem-solving skills.
- User Support:
- Provide technical support to end-users, including troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Assist with user account management, password resets, and access permissions.
- System Maintenance:
- Perform routine maintenance tasks such as updates, patches, and backups for operating systems and software applications.
- Monitor system performance and respond to alerts to ensure the stability and security of IT systems.
- Hardware Management:
- Maintain and inventory hardware equipment, including computers, printers, and peripherals.
- Coordinate repairs or replacements for faulty hardware components.
- Software Management:
- Install, configure, and update software applications on user devices.
- Ensure the proper licensing and compliance of software across the organization.
- Network Support:
- Assist in network troubleshooting, including connectivity and access issues.
- Work with the IT team to optimize network performance and security.
- Data Backup and Recovery:
- Implement and manage data backup procedures to safeguard critical data.
- Assist in data recovery efforts in the event of system failures or data loss.
- Support IT security measures, including antivirus software, firewalls, and access control.
- Collaborate with the IT team to identify and address security vulnerabilities.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of IT systems, configurations, and procedures.
- Assist in developing IT-related policies and procedures.
- Vendor Liaison:
- Communicate with IT vendors for procurement, maintenance, and support of IT equipment and services.
- Project Support:
- At times you may be required to collaborate on IT projects alongside the organisation’s Data Team aimed at enhancing the development and operational efficiency related to client project processes.
Qualities & Qualifications
Are you a proactive and highly organized IT professional with a dedication to excellence in technology? Do you excel in communication and view challenges as opportunities for professional growth? If you’re eager to contribute to a dynamic and expanding organization while playing a crucial role in its operations and success, then we want you on our team.
As an IT Administrator, you are a hands-on expert capable of efficiently overseeing and addressing a multitude of IT requirements within the organisation. You excel at taking a step back to thoroughly analyse situations and data, making informed decisions based on your extensive IT experience. Your expertise in managing IT systems and infrastructure ensures the uninterrupted and smooth operation of the organization.
Collaboration is fundamental to this role. You’ll engage with various stakeholders daily, working closely with colleagues in IT, interacting with other departments, and supporting end-users. Your adaptability and interpersonal skills are assets in this highly collaborative environment. As a dependable part of the core team, you’ll guide the way to ensure IT efforts align with the organisation’s strategic goals.
- High school diploma or equivalent; relevant certifications or coursework in IT is a plus.
- Prior experience in a similar IT support role is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office applications, as well as experience with Linux and Apple operating systems.
- Office 365 and Sharepoint Administration experience.
- Knowledge of Azure Active Directory & Group Policies.
- Knowledge of networking, security, and IT best practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Flexibility to work part-time hours as needed.
What you’ll get in return
This role is part time – with flexibility to work from home or in the office.
Paid sick leave
Birthday off in the weekday
Enhanced Maternity/ Paternity leave
Paid Travel expenses to company social events, conferences, meetings in any Optimizon office, client meetings etc Fully hybrid working
Free eye tests and frame discounts
‘Work from anywhere in the world’ policy
Investors In People Accredited
Unlimited LinkedIn training
Does this job sound like the perfect fit?
Please email your CV along with a cover letter to [email protected]